Get the Student Checking Account That’s Right for You
Opening a student checking account can seem as difficult as choosing a major. With so many options available, where do you start? Here are some important questions to consider as you search for the best checking account:
• Are there ATMs near your campus and dorm? Can you withdraw money from them without paying an ATM fee?
• Is there a branch located close to campus in case you need help with something?
• Is there a call center to handle issues that may arise?
• What is the monthly account service fee?
• Is there a minimum balance requirement for the account?
• Will you get a debit card with your checking account?
• Can you set up mobile or text alerts when your funds are low or when transactions have cleared your account?
• Can you use online and mobile banking free of charge?
• Is overdraft protection available for the account, and if you use it, what’s the fee?
• Are there any “perks” associated with this account?
• Can your parents easily deposit money into your account when necessary?
Answering these questions will help you understand what financial institutions offer so you can compare the different checking accounts. Make a list of what’s important to you and talk to your parents to make sure you get the best account for your needs.
To learn more about City National Bank’s college and student checking accounts, click here, or give us a call at 866-385-3444.
You may also be interested in:
Avoid Overdraft Fees